A few years ago, Fernando Torres was a wonderkid. A young super talent playing for Atletico Madrid and at 19 years of age, their youngest ever captain. His nickname was El Nino (The Kid in spanish). Now you know why im El Mino. =S I was a big fan of him.
When one day his captain's armband revealed the words "We'll Never Walk Alone".. it was like prophecy. It turns out that El Nino and his buddies supported Liverpool. And they gave him that armband.
And during that summer when he joined Liverpool, I can't quite believe it. He was linked to Man U and Arsenal and yet he joined us, a sleeping giant. It was like my dream came true..
Liverpool fans well-known for our humour and creativity wrote him a song..
His armband proved he was a Red, Torres Torres. You'll never walk alone it said..... Torres Torres.. We bought the lad from sunny Spain.. He gets the ball he scores again.... Fernando Torres, Liverpool's No.9... (see video)
He was our idol, our hero. But now he's gone.. to Chelsea, a rival club.
I was shocked when he requested for a transfer... And im sure millions of other Liverpool fans were too..
This after claiming to know the history, the culture of LFC and that he is committed to fighting for us to get us back where we belong..
What a sad day for the Reds.. He could have been a legend for us. But now, he will forever be known as a mercenary, a betrayer.
Im quite optimistic about the signings of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez. I have faith in King Kenny's ability to bring out the best in them..
I think Torres will regret leaving.. The grass is not always greener on the other side.
THE AMINS EFFECT
My Blog URL is not meant to be arrogant Its just that growing up, i've always
been someone lacking confidence and self-belief.. So here I am...trying to be self-motivational by telling myself that I can do it & that in many things in life...
Only I.... Can Stop Myself............. =))