Sunday, July 19 '
burgers and softdrinks
NEWSFLASH!!
A couple of days ago, 500 red rangers have been detailed to capture those who eat on the MRT..
Wad the heckkk...in the past, only if you are caught eating a burger or
drinking some soft-drink will you get fined 500 bucks..
Yups..just look at the sign..
No burgers & No drinks from fastfood joints!!



But now.....even if you are caught sucking on some sweets, you will be fined a minimum of $30...
Can you believe it?! I guess the harsh drastic measures are taken to eradicate those
who are bent on bending the train laws for example people like..
...that infamous auntie who ate prata in the train
OR
the guys who almost came to blows over a gal who was eating in the train
OR
the transvestites who were having a buffet in the last cabin...
(Okay I made that last one up! =X)
But the crux of the matter is...isn't it all really a bit too harsh? =S
A 48-year-old housewife, Mdm Bibi Zaina Binti Mohamed was fined $30 for eating a sweet on board an MRT train.
She said, 'I know it is not OK but I take it sometimes because I am giddy.'
Enforcement officer Roger Foo did not buy her explanation. 'If everyone were to say they have to take sweets because they are thirsty or giddy, where are we going to draw a line?' he rebukes.
Yeaps! You can take a lookie at the news article..


We are indeed a fine city... =X